According to the our Constitution, the mission of SCSL is to promote scholarly activities, professional exchange, information sharing, and project cooperation among Chinese studies librarians, so as to make contributions to China studies in general and to Chinese resources study in particular.
- The SCSL members are Chinese studies librarians who join the organization of their own free will. The SCSL also accepts applicants who are not Chinese studies librarians yet possess a strong interest in conducting research on materials related to China studies.
- The SCSL members pay a one-time entry fee of $180 to be officially affiliated with the organization. No annual membership fee is required.
- The members enjoy the privileges of participating in SCSL activities, playing a role in decision-making, voting in important matters, and serving as officials of the organization.
- All members are entitled to equal rights and equal opportunity in the organization.
- Fill out the SCSL Membership Application Form
- Write a check or money order for one hundred eighty dollars ($180), payable to “The Society for Chinese Studies Librarians"
Contact SCSL Secretary Shuyong Jiang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the mailing address, and mail your check or money order to that address
For questions regarding the application, please contact the Chair of the Committee for General Affairs.