中国研究图书馆员学会(Society for Chinese Studies Librarians)
3/23/2010 First Meeting Minutes
Attendees total 36
- Opening remarks by Guoqing Li
Guoqing thanks Tao Yang for organizing and making arrangement for the entire event and everyone for coming.
Welcome the guests from Guangxi Normal University Press.
Reminds the group that the draft of constitution by Xu Hong and Liren Zheng can be further discussed and if no more revision, will be voted
- Tao Yang gives brief summary of registered members and right now there are a total of 54 people.
- Constitution: Hong Xu thinks the draft is good enough for now. No other raises any objection so it is passed by the floor. A copy of the Constitution was signed by all the attendees at the meeting. Hong Xu thanks the group for the comments, and encourages people to continue review and send comments through emails.
- Election: Nomination process report by Su Chen and Diana Xu
They reported that the election will decide 7 Executive board members; the one who gets the most votes will serve as president.
There were total 17 nominees through self- and nominations. Some declined, and 9 nominees accepted the nomination. The ballot includes a total 9 names.
Then the ballots were distributed to each person who attended the dinner/business meeting and voting process started. There were 3 members who vote online and 36 on site voted.
The voting results: President—Guoqing Li
6 board members—Zheng Liren, Xu Hong, Yang Tao, Shao Dongfang, Jiang Shuyong and Ma Xiaohe.
Guoqing announces the SCSL is established and restates that our purpose is for gathering since we have the same interest. Membership fee will be collected by Shuyong. He further called for proposals or suggestion for projects for discuss at the next meeting.
Xian Wu propose to consider the project of Biography of Librarians came after the Cultural Revolution
- Tao Yang re-announces the location and time for 2nd meeting on Friday.
- Introduction of each attendees
- Group picture